PART-TIME ON-CALL YOUTH COUNSELOR
The Leo A. Hoffmann Center in St. Peter, MN is seeking qualified candidates to fill their Part Time Youth Counselor positions. This positions provides quality client care and close intensive supervision of male adolescent clients in a residential treatment setting.
- Provide intensive supervision and security to all clients in a nurturing environment while using role modeling skills.
- Complete client reports, treatment plans, and records in a timely manner.
- Implement recreational programming according to the established activity calendar.
- Assist clients to successfully complete daily objectives as established in their individual treatment plans.
- Administer medications according to physician’s prescription.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Be able to successfully pass a background check
- Hold a degree in a Human Services, Social Services or a related field, or be working towards a degree
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
This position is responsible for providing therapy for clients and families, coordinating necessary team meetings, writing treatment plans, reports and diagnostic assessments, as well as maintaining other required documentation, and communication parents and referral sources regarding clients' needs when appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master's degree in psychology, social work or a related human services field.
- Experience in working with emotional and behavioral adolescents and their families.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrates group leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete timely and professionally written reports.
- Serve as therapist for assigned clients.
- Function effectively within the organizational structure.
The Recreation Coordinator position plans and participates in specialized games, sports, crafts, and leisure activities to help clients overcome mental, emotional and physical disabilities. The Recreation Coordinator, upon admission, completes leisure recreational assessments and upon discharge, provides a summary of the client’s accomplishments and areas needing improvement.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and implementation of a total recreation program emphasizing non-competitive recreation and the development of lifetime leisure skills.
- Complete recreation/leisure assessments and discharge summaries for all clients.
- Develop Individual Recreational Plans for all clients.
- Plan, budget, and implement monthly activity calendars for each unit with supervision and approval from the Recreation Supervisor.
- Direct unit activities and implement recreation/leisure objectives and activities as a part of the overall treatment program.
- Participate in planned and spontaneous recreation activities with clients on the treatment unit.
- Provide proper role modeling for clients in such areas as dress, language, social skills, etc.
- Maintain daily log, status sheets, observation sheets, and other required record keeping accurately, timely, and professionally.
- An undergraduate degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services is preferred.*
- A demonstrated ability to provide leadership to other staff.
Apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.